INTERIOR DESIGNER II (WORKPLACE)
SmithGroupJJR is an idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe extraordinary environments are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR as one of the foremost architectural and engineering firms in the world. SmithGroupJJR was recently named #1 for design quality and #2 overall by Architect, the magazine of the American Institute of Architects.
Our Detroit office is looking for an Interior Designer with workplace design experience to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
• Manage small to medium-sized projects, including negotiating project scope and fees, job production and quality, fee management and collection, and portions of large projects.
• Lead all phases of the design process including programming and developing workplace standards.
• Prepare, coordinate, and complete construction document packages.
• Research information and create graphics for marketing proposals and materials.
• Lead construction administration efforts with minimal supervision including the tracking of FF&E progression.
• Serve as a resource on interior design issues to others in the office.
• Lead client presentations and visioning sessions to develop programs for clients on small- to medium-sized projects.
• Mentor and train junior and intermediate level staff assisting with performance reviews and goal setting.
• Establish and maintain project staffing requirements consistent with contractual obligations.
• Oversee the design work of others to ensure integrated and cohesive design.
• Be responsible for meeting project deadlines and budget constraints.
An ideal candidate has:
• A professional degree in Interior Design, architecture or related profession with 5-8 years of related experience/training or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• LEED AP Certification.
• 7+ years of experience with 3+ years of experience in workplace design.
• NCIDQ Certification, state credentials, and/or other professional registrations, related to field of specialization.
• Experience in Revit and AutoCAD with 3-D modeling capabilities.
• Active membership in professional organization(s) and takes an active role in local chapters related to field preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to perform work involving independent judgment and to act as project coordinator and leader in all phases of small to medium-sized projects.
• The ability to lead design efforts through all stages of a project.
• The ability to produce and coordinate a complete set of construction documents for permitting and bidding on projects.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in working in a team setting, communicating with others, customer satisfaction and technical competence.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. We offer three weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and eight paid holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional fourteen to fifteen days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Interested in joining us? Send us your resume and portfolio:
500 Griswold Street
Detroit, MI 48226
Attn: HR Dept.